Celebrity Hairstylist Cynthia Alvarez shares with Coco + Creme on how to achieve beautiful, wavy hair just like Keke Palmer on the cover of VIBE Vixen.
1. Apply heat protecting serum to clean, dry hair.
2. Add a few rows of extensions. I prefer to use Hair Factory’s New York Remi line as they add the length and fullness that’s required for this look.
3. Starting from the back of the head, curl sections around a 1 1/2″ curling iron. Be sure to curl all sections facing the back of the head. Pin the curls so they can set and last longer.
4. Once the whole head is set and the curls have cooled off, take out the pins, shake the curls loose and flip head over.
5. My trick for sexy, voluminous hair is to rake your fingers through the hair while your head is flipped. This adds tons of volume and helps blend the curls for a seamless finish.
Once your done, spray a flexible hold hairspray and you’re ready for a night on the town.