Single black female addicted to retail… We all know that shopping can present an addiction that goes far beyond a ‘need’ for new clothes and ventures into ‘retail therapy’ territory. People all over the country find it therapeutic to spend on fashion, clothes, shoes, accessories and the like, simply for a mood boost.
A study analyzed this phenomenon by acquiring data obtained from the government, the Citi and 3rd city providers about the spending habits of cities in the U.S. The findings might surprise you; neither New York or Los Angeles made the list and Washington D.C. came in first place.
See the full list below and how much each city spends on average:
10. Bakersfield, CA ($201.50/month)
9. Austin, TX ($213/month)
8. Seattle, WA ($221.17/month)
7. San Jose, CA ($221.17/month)
6. San Francisco, CA ($227.42/month)
5. Dallas, TX ($228.58/month)
4. Scottsdale, AZ ($243.17/month)
3. Nashville, TN ($251.17/month)
2. Arlington, VA ($254.58/month)
1. Washington, DC ($263/month)
I once was hopelessly addicted to shopping and would drop hundreds in sprees at some of my favorite stores like H&M just for the fun of it. Now that I’m older and more financially responsible, I try to “shop my closet” and spend when only necessary, save for a few splurges here and there when my budget allows.